Windows Vista is the Windows operating system developed and marketed by the Well known Microsoft Corporation. The Vista operating system comes with a different graphical user interface as compared to the previous versions of the Windows operating system.
When you install the Windows Vista operating system on your PC, by default, a set of applications and utility icons appear on the taskbar, in the lower-right corner of your display screen. These icons allow users to launch specific programs by simply double-licking on them, without the need to locate the application in the Programs menu. In Windows Vista, it is possible to customize these taskbar icons according to the users need. Sometimes, you may come across some error messages while trying to change these taskbar icons; then it’s advisable to contact the Microsoft Support teams to deal with these Vista problems.
How to remove Windows Vista Taskbar Icon?
• Firstly, you have to access the Control Panel option. For this, click on the Start button situated in the lower left corner of your desktop screen, and from the Start menu thus revealed, select the Control panel option. This opens the Control Panel home Window.
• Choose the Appearance and Personalization option from the Control Panel wizard. This opens up a new window, from which you have to select the Taskbar and Start Menu option.
• From the newly displayed dialogue box, click on the Notification Area option.
• Now click on the System Icons tab in the dialog box. This will display the entire notification icon assembly, such as Network, Volume etc. Consider an example: if you want to delete the volume icon, then put a check mark in the box next to the Volume option, and then hit Enter.
• Now access the Customize tab. This displays the names of the applications on the taskbar.
• Now locate the application that you wish to delete from the Taskbar in the displayed list.
• Once you locate the application, click on the Show tab next to it, and from the resulting pull-down menu, choose the Hide option.
• Now click on the OK tab to confirm the deletion process.
• Finally, access the OK tab again, to bring about the changes that you just made in the Windows Vista configuration settings.
After going through these pointers, if you encounter any issues while trying this, please contact the Vista Support team to avail more information on Vista Problems.