Using Internet Explorer might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but the program is certainly one of the most used Web browsers around the world. This is mainly because it is the default web browser in the Windows operating systems. One of the most impressive features of the Microsoft products is that, they bring along a regular stream of updates. In the case of the Internet Explorer too, Microsoft releases new versions regularly, and it is important that one keep up to date with the new releases. If you want to upgrade the Internet Explorer Web browser installed on your computer to the latest version, follow the guidelines given below, recommended by the ever reliable and helpful Microsoft support team.
Guidelines to upgrade Internet Explorer browser
• Start off the procedure to upgrade the Internet Explorer by launching the Web browser in your computer. Type “www.microsoft.com” into the address bar of the browser window that you have launched in your computer, and then press the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
• Locate the tab that is labeled as “Downloads and Trials”, and then click on it. You will be able to see a drop down menu displayed on the screen, and then choose the “Download Center” option from the drop down menu.
• Go to the “Top Downloads” option, and then click on the “Windows Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP” button. After the page has been loaded on to the screen of your computer, choose the “Download” option displayed on the screen. If the version of the Windows operating system that you are using is incompatible with Windows XP, try to find the link for the appropriate version. To do that, click on the “Additional Information” option button, and then select the version of the Windows operating system that you are using, from the options displayed on the screen.
• To upgrade the version of the Internet Explorer web browser installed in your computer, follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen.
• Restart the computer after completing the upgrade of the Internet Explorer Web browser in the computer. After you restart the Internet Explorer, you will notice that the Internet Explorer browser has been upgraded to the latest version.
These are the instructions provided by the excellent Microsoft support team, which you should follow if you want to upgrade the Internet Explorer Web browser in your computer to the latest version.