As we all know that Microsoft Outlook is a powerful email client that lets you manage your different email accounts efficiently. Microsoft Outlook is loaded with features that can help you with managing your contacts, schedule and organize your various activities. But what if it gives you an error message while using the program? This can be a tricky situation to handle.
Errors like Cannot start Outlook can be avoided by following the simple precautionary guidelines. The Outlook comes loaded with Microsoft utility feature that lets the user fix the issues easily. Follow the steps below to perform the Outlook repair and fix your issue.
Instructions to resolve Cannot start Outlook issue
• Switch on your computer and launch the My Computer window. From My Computer select the drive Local Disk C.
• Open the C Drive and hit the search space with C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\System\\Mapi\\1033\\ extension. This will open the file 1033 file on the system.
• Select the Scanpst.exe in the above mentioned folder location to open the PST file repair tool.
• Launch the Start menu. Enter %appdata%\\Microsoft\\Outlook into the Search space of the Start menu. Hit the Enter key. This will make the operating system return to the location of the PST file on your system hard drive.
• Choose the PST file identified in the above step from the Scanpst program window, by clicking on the Browse option.
• Select the option Start in the Scanpst program window. The PST file scan time can vary in accordance to the size of the PST file. So wait until PST files are scanned fully.
• Select the checkbox next to the file to save and create the back up of the created file. Back up can help you retain the copy of all the files installed in the computer.
• Initiate the file recovery process by clicking on the Repair option.
• Restart Outlook after recovery process has completed.
The Scanpst program will list out the details of all the actions taken during the scan and repair process. PST files can have a max size of 2 GB and are stored in the format TXT with the same name as that of the Outlook PST file. So, make sure that your file does not exceed the 2 GB limit. Move all the unwanted files to the folder archive PST file so as to keep your file size always fewer than 2 GB.
In case you need further assistance, contact Outlook Support team and get your problem fixed.