The Outlook Express is a multi-functional email client application that lets you manage your various tasks and events, in addition to using its email sending and receiving capabilities. It acts more or less like your personal manager and helps you manage your professional and personal events alike. You can set up an Outlook account using your web based email account.
Given below are the Outlook tech support guidelines to set up an Outlook account on your computer.
- Install Microsoft office in your computer as the starting step, and if you have it already installed on your PC, launch Microsoft Outlook from the office program list.
- Navigate to the Tools menu and then select the Account settings option to start creating your Outlook account.
- Select the New tab from the Account Settings window and then from the options provided, choose to connect to your email either through the Internet Service provider (ISP), or through a Microsoft Exchange server of your organization. The ISP may include any of the options including Http or IMAP.
- You would have to fill in the details such as your full name, the internet based email address, and the password used to access the mail.
- Select the check box corresponding to the option Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types. Type in your mail ID once again, and then choose the type of Email from one of the categories mentioned above.
- Once you finish this step, select the account type that you wish for, and then enter the name of the incoming mail server as well as the outgoing mail server. From the ISP, IMAP or POP3 server options available, you can choose one for the incoming and outgoing mail servers. For example, if you happen to choose the IMAP server for incoming emails, the mail server will look something like imap.[name of the internet service provider].com . The same is the case for your outgoing mails as well, and the server chosen can be different from the incoming mail server.
- Once you have selected the incoming and outgoing mail servers, choose the username and password that you need to access you email. You can select the checkbox corresponding to the Remember Password option, so that you need not type in the password every time you access your account.
- Click on the Test Account Settings to send or receive a test mail.
Hope you were able to successfully setup an Outlook account on your computer. If you need any further assistance on this, contact Outlook tech support team or Microsoft Support Center.